Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Harira – Red Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Harira – Red Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically change your eating habits. Even more important than totally modifying your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. In time, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to harira – red lentil soup recipe. To cook harira – red lentil soup you only need 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Harira – Red Lentil Soup:
- You need 1 large of onion (chopped).
- Get 1 large of carrot (chopped).
- Use 1/3 cup of parsley (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro (finely chopped).
- Take 6 clove of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ginger (finely minced).
- Provide 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Use 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin.
- Use 1 tsp of cayenne.
- Get 2 tsp of pimentón dulce (or other smoked sweet paprika).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper (or more to taste).
- Use 2 tsp of salt (or more to taste).
- You need 28 oz of diced tomatoes.
- Provide 1 1/4 cup of red lentils (dry).
- Provide 8 cup of vegetable broth.
- Use 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Provide of side (garnish).
- Take 4 of limes (cut into small wedges).
- Get 1 bunch of of cilantro (finely chopped).
- You need 6 of pita breads (or toasted sliced baguette).
Steps to make Harira – Red Lentil Soup:
- Heat olive oil in large pot or dutch oven. Sauté onion, carrot, parsley and cilantro until caramelized..
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in the garlic, ginger and all of the spices. Sauté until fragrant; less than a minute..
- Add lentils, tomatoes, and broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 50 minutes, or until the lentils have cooked thoroughly and soup has thickened. Salt to taste..
- Serve with fresh lime wedges, chopped cilantro and toasted bread of your choice..
If you find this Harira – Red Lentil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.