Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are many illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making several modest changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you don’t wish to eat. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe. To cook easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo you need 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Prepare 1/2 head of broccoli or 2-3 broccoli stems.
- Prepare 1 of Zucchini.
- Use 100 g of asparagus.
- You need 1-2 of carrots or 1 cup of frozen peas (for bulk).
- Get 300 g of Kale, Bok Choy, Collard greens or a combinaton.
- You need 1 of Celery stick.
- Provide 1 of small leek.
- Use 3-4 of Shallots or 1 large / 2 medium onions.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of Garlic.
- Take 1.5 L of Vegetable (or chicken) stock or water (more if more vegetables).
- Use 2 of Bayleaf.
- Take 2-3 of kaffir lime leaf.
- You need 200 g of – 300g Fresh spinach.
- Use of For spices / garnish.
- You need 2-3 of Kaffir like leaf or 1 tbs lime zest.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- Use 1 tbs of Lemongrass paste or 2 lemongrass sticks.
- Provide 1 tbs of Galangal or ginger or 1 thumb-size fresh ginger, chopped.
- Use 1 tablespoon of Sweet basil.
- Get 1 tbs of oregano.
- Get 1 tbs of thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of mint.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of chives (optional).
- Prepare of Optional: 1 low-sodium, organic vegetable stock cube.
- Get to taste of salt & pepper.
- Provide of Olive oil or Ghee (to saute onions, garlic & leak).
- Take 1 bunch of fresh parsley (replace with dry if not available).
Instructions to make Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Chop up all vegetables for the soup. You will add them to the water in order of 'hardness' as not to overcook softer vegetables..
- Put Ghee or olive oil in a pan and saute onion / shallots and garlic on medium fire, stirring the entire time. Cook until onion / shallots become clear, but not brow. Add leak and ginger (if fresh) and saute for another 3-4 minutes..
- Add vegetable stock and 'hard' vegetables – carrots, broccoli stems, peas, etc + any vegetables that are frozen..
- Add all the spices and herbs, with the exception of fresh parsley..
- Cook on low-medium fire until the hardest vegetable (eg carrot) is soft enough to pierce with a fork but still crunchy. Add medium hard vegetables, such as broccoli, Kale, asparagus. Note: Asparagus stems need to cook longer than asparagus tips. Cook for 3-4 few minutes and then add zucchini. Cook until broccoli can be pierced with a fork. Add more water if required throughout cooking..
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts – should not be more than 2 minutes so that it stays green. This adds wonderful green colour to the soup. Note: if using frozen spinach, add it at the same time as zucchini..
- Turn off the heat and let it cool to room temperature..
- Combine the cooked ingredients in the blender with a generous amount of fresh parsley and purée until desired consistency..
- Garnish with sprouts, seeds, or flaked almonds. You can also add a tablespoon or two of cooked quinoa for a filling full-meal..
- The soup freezes extremely well so you can apportion it to desired quantities and take out during the week. (you may need to add water once heated up).
If you find this Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.