Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Butternut soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Power Snacks.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of well being. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more healthy feeling. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). This is usually a problem, nonetheless, with regards to eating between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Foods made from whole grains are great for a easy snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can easily be healthier with wholesome chips and crackers. Make the modification from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut soup recipe. To cook butternut soup you need 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Butternut soup:
- Provide 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Get 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger).
- Provide 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Take 4 cups of vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup or water).
- You need 3/4 cup of coconut milk (or use half and half for a rich, non-vegan soup).
- Get of fresh thyme sprigs, coconut cream (or heavy cream) for garnish.
Instructions to make Butternut soup:
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil..
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent..
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture..
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine (You might need to add a little more or less stock, depending on the size of your squash. The liquid level should be just slightly lower than the squash)..
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork..
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk..
- Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender..
- Serve immediately with a garnish of fresh thyme and some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer..
If you find this Butternut soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.