Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Hot steamed idli with sambhar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot steamed idli with sambhar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Treats.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for treats between meals. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
If you are looking for a fast snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you need a fast treat on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are always better than processed grains present in white bread.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hot steamed idli with sambhar recipe. To make hot steamed idli with sambhar you need 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Hot steamed idli with sambhar:
- Use of For idli batter.
- Get 1 cup of Urad dal.
- Prepare 3 cup of Rice/Chawal.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- Use of For sambhar.
- Take 2 cup of Toor dal/Arhar dal.
- Use 2 tsp of Sambhar masala.
- Take 1 cup of Bottlegourd / lauki cubed.
- Prepare 250 gm of Tomatoes chopped.
- You need 3-4 of Onions finely sliced.
- Provide 7-8 of Red chilli.
- Provide 1 tsp of Mustard seed.
- Provide 4 tsp of Asafoetida/neenga.
- Get 1 tsp+1/2 tsp of Haldi powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Red Chilli powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of Soak Tamarind pulp extract.
- Get 1 tsp+1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Get handful of Curry leaves.
- Provide 1 glass of Water.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Oil.
Instructions to make Hot steamed idli with sambhar:
- For idli batter: rinse urad and chawal thoroughly with water. Soak it overnight with enough water. Afterwards drain excess water and grind to smooth paste. Keep aside till fermented..
- Now for sambhar. :firstly wash toor dal and cubed lauki throughly. In a pressure cooker add dal, lauki, salt 1 tsp and 1 tsp haldi powder.close the lid and Pressure cook upto 5 whistles. Remove from gas stove.Remove the lid and stir it for 1-2 min. Keep aside for tadka..
- Take a wok add oil and heat it. When oil is sufficiently heated add mustard seed and heeng. When it starts to crackle add red chilli and onions and saute till onions changes it's colour..
- Now add chopped tomatoes and saute till mushy. Now add all the left spices and curry leaves except sambhar masala. Cover the wok and Cook till tender on low flame. When oil starts to separate add sambhar masala and again cook for few minutes till all the flavors are well absorbed..
- Now take the previously cooked toor dal with lauki and add tamarind extract and prepared tadka. Add water and adjust the consistency of the sambhar. Boil sambhar for few minutes more on medium flame till all the flavours are well absorbed..
- Now for idli:mix salt and water to the idli batter and beat the mixture. So that idli becomes fluffy. Pour the batter to the idli mould. And steam it in a steamer or any big vessel for 5-8 min. Check with the tooth pick.if tooth pick comes out without any batter idli is done.if not continue steaming for few minutes more. Remove from the steamer and Demould it..
- Serve hot with sambhar. Enjoy..
If you find this Hot steamed idli with sambhar recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.