Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cabbage Chana dal Poriyal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cabbage Chana dal Poriyal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. One nutritious option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cabbage chana dal poriyal recipe. You can cook cabbage chana dal poriyal using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cabbage Chana dal Poriyal:
- Get 500 gm of cabbage (sliced).
- Take 100 gm of chana dal.
- Get 2 of onion (sliced).
- Prepare 4 of green chillies (slit).
- Get 2 Spring of curry leaves.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Use to taste of salt.
- Take 3 tbsp of oil.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of urad dal.
- Get 1/8 tsp of cumin/jeera seeds.
- Provide 4 tbsp of grated coconut.
Steps to make Cabbage Chana dal Poriyal:
- Soak chanadhal for ½ hour and pressure cook with ½ cup water for 3-4 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds after it cracks add urad dal and cumin seeds fry till dal is golden..
- Add green chillies, curry leaves and onion. Saute till translucent. Add the cabbage..
- Next add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well. Add the water from chanadhal and cook the cabbage..
- Now add the cooked dal and give a quick stir. Add grated coconut and mix well..
If you find this Cabbage Chana dal Poriyal recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.