Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentil & vegetable coconut curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil & vegetable coconut curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out several small changes.
These types of changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. If you currently consume lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil & vegetable coconut curry recipe. To cook lentil & vegetable coconut curry you need 26 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lentil & vegetable coconut curry:
- Use 500 g of butternut squash cubes.
- You need 1 cup of red lentils.
- Provide 1 of red pepper.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Provide Half of bag washed spinach leaves.
- You need of Thumb size piece of ginger.
- Take 2 of large cloves garlic.
- You need 2 of chillis.
- Take 1 tbspn of crunchy peanut butter.
- Get 3 cups of water.
- Use 3/4 tin of coconut milk.
- Provide 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Get of Salt and pepper.
- Get 1 teaspoon of ground lemongrass.
- Provide of Fresh coriander.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Get 1 of lime juice.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Take of Spring onions.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds.
- You need of Poppy seeds.
- Provide of Chilli.
- Prepare of Fresh coriander.
Steps to make Lentil & vegetable coconut curry:
- Fry diced onion in olive oil and then add ginger, garlic and chilli. Then add the spices & lemongrass before adding the butternut squash and red pepper chunks. Add crunchy peanut butter and mix into veg, then add red lentils and stir well. Then add stock cube and water and bring to boil. Then turn down to a simmer and add coconut milk. Season well with lime juice and salt (I used at least 1 tbspn to taste) and a smaller amount of pepper..
- Now simmer with the lid on for about 60/90 mins. Add more water throughout if needed and keep storing so it doesn’t stick. Spinach leaves can be thrown in towards the end of cooking. To garnish I use spring onions, fresh coriander, chilli, poppy seeds and sesame seeds..
If you find this Lentil & vegetable coconut curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.