Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few small changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One healthy substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to country style bean soup with ribbles recipe. You can cook country style bean soup with ribbles using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Provide of Soup.
- Prepare 16 oz of Dry Great Northern Beans.
- Prepare 32 oz of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 64 oz of Water.
- Take 1 lb of Pre Cooked Ham.
- You need 1 medium of Bay Leaf.
- Take 1 medium of Onion.
- Get 3 medium of Potatoes.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Provide of Ribbles.
- You need 1 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Butter or Shortening.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Provide 3 tbsp of Water.
Steps to make Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare beans according to package..
- In a 5 quart or more soup pot, add beans, chicken broth, water and heat on med high..
- Chop ham and onions to desired size and had to beans and broth..
- Add salt and pepper and reduce heat to low med and let cook for approximately 1 hour. Until beans are tender but not mushy..
- For the ribbles, combine the flour and salt. Cut in butter until a sand consistency has occured. Add water a tablespoon at a time and stir until the dough pulls from the bowl..
- Peel and cube potatoes..
- Pinch off pea sized pieces of dough and roll to smooth. Drop pieces of dough into soup. Add as much or has little as you like. I usually use about 3/4ths of the dough..
- Add cubed potatoes to the soup and cook on med high until tender. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes..
- Makes about 5 quarts..
If you find this Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.