Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Meatball & Barley Soup FC recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Meatball & Barley Soup FC recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meatball & Barley Soup FC recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to meatball & barley soup fc recipe. To make meatball & barley soup fc you need 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Meatball & Barley Soup FC:
- Provide 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 medium of carrots, peeled and diced.
- Provide 2 of ribs celery, washed & diced.
- Take 1 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, finely diced.
- Use 6 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Get 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of barley.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- Provide 3/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of plus parmesan cheese for garnish(optional).
- Get 2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Get 1 can of pinto beans or cannellini beans (15.5oz) drained & rinsed.
- Provide 8 cup of rough chopped escarole ( a type of endive/lettuce).
Steps to make Meatball & Barley Soup FC:
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine to remind me what it looks like….
- in a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. add carrots, celery and onion. cook about 8 minutes. stir in garlic and cook 2 minutes. add broth,water and barley. bring to a boil..
- reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 25 minutes..
- meanwhile.. mix together ground pork, the parsley, 1/4 of the parmesan, 1/4tsp. of the salt and 1/4tsp. of the pepper..
- roll pork mix into 30 meatballs, about 1tbl. big each..
- drop meatballs into soup. stir in beans. return to a simmer and cook 5 minutes..
- stir in remaining parmesan,salt and pepper. stir in escarole..
- cook a few minutes more until meatballs are fully cooked..
- ladle into bowls and garnish with grated parmesan cheese if desired..
- Nutritional facts according to family circle magazine: serves 6: per serving: 450 calories; 17g. fat; 6g. sat. fat; 23g. protein; 51g. carbs; 13g. fiber; 772mg sodium; 46mg. cholesterol.
If you find this Meatball & Barley Soup FC recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.