Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Ushio-jiru: My Favorite Clear Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Ushio-jiru: My Favorite Clear Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ushio-jiru: My Favorite Clear Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re constantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Obviously, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ushio-jiru: my favorite clear soup recipe. You can have ushio-jiru: my favorite clear soup using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ushio-jiru: My Favorite Clear Soup:
- Use 1/2 of a fish's worth Cod offcuts (any part of the fish is ok, excluding the head).
- Provide 10 cm of Kombu for dashi stock.
- Use 5 tbsp of Sake.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Usukuchi soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Salt (to taste).
- Take 1 medium of saucepan's worth Water.
- Take 1 of Mitsuba, yuzu peel, etc., as garnish.
Steps to make Ushio-jiru: My Favorite Clear Soup:
- Here are the washed and prepped bones, skin and offcuts of the cod. (Note: there's a piece of ginger in the photo, but I didn't use it in this recipe.).
- For how to prep the cod bones and skin, see: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/169306-delicious-simmered-sea-bream-with-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/169306-delicious-simmered-sea-bream-with-sauce.
- Put the bones and skin, kombu and about 5 tablespoons of sake in a pan with enough water to serve everyone. Start cooking over high heat..
- Take the kombu out just before the pan comes to a boil..
- When it comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium. Skim off all the scum – this is very important..
- While you're skimming the scum off, don't lower the heat. This is the key to making a clear soup that doesn't taste fishy..
- When there's no more scum in the pan, you can turn down the heat to low finally. Simmer gently for about 10 minutes to extract all the umami from the fish..
- You can simply flavor the soup with salt only. I mainly season it with salt, and a tiny bit of usukuchi soy sauce. It's up to you..
- Add the garnish… and it's done!.
If you find this Ushio-jiru: My Favorite Clear Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.