Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Sri Lankan Forest Bittergourd Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sri Lankan Forest Bittergourd Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Boosting Treats.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more wholesome feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. This is often a problem, however, with regards to eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you’re not sensitive to nuts, try eating some almonds! Almonds are usually considered a super food since they’re packed full of ingredients that help boost our vigor while keeping us healthy. Different minerals and vitamins tend to be found in these wonderful nuts. They generally do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme that renders you tired after eating turkey. However, you may not need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. Instead, these nuts help to reduce stress and provide a calming feeling throughout your body. Almonds frequently give a general increased sense of well-being.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sri lankan forest bittergourd curry recipe. You can have sri lankan forest bittergourd curry using 28 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sri Lankan Forest Bittergourd Curry:
- Prepare For of Srilankan Curry Powder-.
- Get 1 tbsp of Coriander Seeds.
- Take 2 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Take 2 tsp of Black Peppercorns.
- Use 2 tsp of Split Pigeon Peas/Toordal.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Aniseeds.
- Use 10 of Cloves.
- Provide 4 of Green Cardamom Pods.
- Get To of Marinate-.
- Use 200 g of Forest Bittergourd/Spiky Gourd/Kantola/Thumbs Karavilla.
- Get 2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida Powder/Hing.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Sri Lankan Curry Powder.
- Get 2 tsp of Salt.
- Get To of Season.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- Use 3/4 tsp of Mustard.
- Prepare 1 inch of Cinnamon.
- Provide 1 of Cardamom Pods.
- Use 2 of Cloves.
- Prepare few of Curry Leaves.
- Get 1 of Medium Sized Tomato(Finely Chopped).
- You need 1 tbsp of Tamarind(Soak in 1/2 cup hot water & extract the pulp).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Jaggery.
- Take 1 cup of Thick Coconut Milk.
- Take 1 tsp of Kewra water/Pandan Leaves Water.
Steps to make Sri Lankan Forest Bittergourd Curry:
- Dry roast all the ingredients mentioned under the head "Sri Lankan Curry Powder"..
- Grind into a fine powder..
- Chop the Forest Bittergourds. No need to peel the skin or deseed..
- Add all the spice powders mentioned under the head "To marinate"..
- Coat the bittergourds with the spices. Allow it to marinate for 30 mins..
- Heat oil. Add in mustard seeds. Once they crackle, add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves & curry leaves. Saute.
- Put in chopped tomato & marinated Forest Bitter gourds..
- Saute on high flame to 3 mins..
- Add a few tsp water. Cover & cook for 5 mins on low flame..
- Pour in tamarind pulp & coconut milk. Add jaggery..
- Cook covered on medium flame for 10 mins..
- Uncover. Mix in the Kewra water..
- Offer Sri Lankan Thumba Karavilla Curry to Lord Sri Krishna along with Steamed Rice..
If you find this Sri Lankan Forest Bittergourd Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.