Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Yellow Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Yellow Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. Even though you may already consume a lot of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to yellow split pea soup recipe. You can cook yellow split pea soup using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Yellow Split Pea Soup:
- Get 1/3 cup of yellow split peas.
- Provide 1/2 of yellow onion, chopped.
- Provide 1 of cm cubed piece of fresh ginger, finely sliced and chopped.
- Take 1 medium of carrot, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- Get 2 tsp of Swiss vegetable bouillon powder.
- Use 1 pinch of chaat masala.
Instructions to make Yellow Split Pea Soup:
- Rinse the yellow split peas in a sieve and allow to drain.
- Put everything except the chaat masala in a small pot.
- Stir to mix in the bouillon a little bit.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer gently for 25-30 minutes.
- You may need to add a little more water, but only if it looks really dry.
- Blend until smooth with a stick blender or in a blender jug (please be careful blending hot liquids!).
- Serve in a bowl with the chaat masala sprinkled on top.
If you find this Yellow Split Pea Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.