Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chunky Cod and Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chunky Cod and Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, just making some minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically change your eating habits. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will discover that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chunky cod and potato soup recipe. You can cook chunky cod and potato soup using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chunky Cod and Potato Soup:
- You need 200 g of or 6-7 oz. cod or other white fish.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, smashed and cut in half.
- Provide 1/2 of onion.
- You need 3 of small potatoes or 1 large.
- Provide 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Get 2 of sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 dry.
- Use 1 cup of water.
- Provide to taste of Salt & pepper,.
- Use 2 Tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of olive oil or butter.
Steps to make Chunky Cod and Potato Soup:
- Prep the ingredients. Peel and slice the potatoes, cut onions into thin slices and chop the parsley. Peel and crush the garlic. Cut the cod into bite-sized chunks..
- In a medium pot, heat the oil or butter on medium. Add the garlic and lightly brown..
- Add the sliced onion and sauté until very soft..
- Next add the sliced potatoes, cod, thyme and white wine. Bring the wine to a boil for 1-2 minutes..
- Add about 1 cup of water or enough to cover all ingredients..
- Bring to a boil again and skim off any of the foamy stuff that comes up..
- Turn heat to low and cover the pot tightly. Simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are soft..
- Once everything is cooked, add salt and pepper to taste, and stir in the chopped parsley. Bon appetit!.
If you find this Chunky Cod and Potato Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.