Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Sambar recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sambar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sambar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It might be that you already believe that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sambar recipe. You can cook sambar using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sambar:
- You need 1/4 cup of Pigeon Pea.
- Get 1 Cup of Mix Vegetables (carrot, drumstick,onion,tomato,brinjal etc).
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1/2 cup of Tamarind extract.
- Use 2 tbsp of Sambhar Powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Use 1 tbsp of Oil.
- Take 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Asafoetida.
- Get 1 tsp of curry leaves.
- Take 1 tsp of Coriander leaves.
Steps to make Sambar:
- Wash and pressure cook the pigeon pea for 3-4 minutes. Wash and cut the Vegetables as your preference and it to the cooked dal with salt and turmeric. Add 1/4 cup of water and cook again for one whistle. Release the pressure immediately so that the veggies do not get mushy..
- Add the tamarind extract and let it boil. In a small bowl add the sambar powder and little water and mix well. Pour this to the dal and veggie mix and allow to boil for 5 minutes. Add curry leaves and coriander leaves. Switch off the flame. Check the seasonings and adjust the taste..
- Heat a small pan with oil and spluter mustard, dry red chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves. Pour this to the Sambar and serve hot with Idli, Dosa or Rice😋.
If you find this Sambar recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.