Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you most likely pick out a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dal recipe. To cook dal you need 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Dal:
- Use 4 handfuls of tuvar dal (pigeon pea lentil) (4 people =4 handfuls).
- Get 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Use 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Use 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Provide 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of asafoetida.
- Provide 1 of slit green chilli (add more if you want it to be more spicy).
- Use 1 of small onion chopped finely.
- You need 1 of small tomato chopped finely.
- Use 1 teaspoon of minced ginger/ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced garlic/garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Use 2 tablespoons of cilantro leaves.
- Get 4 cups of water.
Steps to make Dal:
- Before gathering the ingredients, soak the lentil in room temperature water.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add the mustard and cumin seeds and wait till they crackle.
- Add the chopped onions, curry leaves and green chilli and sauté for a minute till the onion gets translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté till the raw smell fades away.
- Add tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of cilantro leaves.
- Add all the powdered spices and salt as per your taste.
- Rinse the soaked lentils under clean water and add it to the pressure cooker.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook for a minute.
- Add 3 cups of Water and wait till it bubbles very well.
- Put on the lid and cook on high flame for 15 whistles.
- Wait for the cooker to cool down.
- Garnish with a tablespoon of cilantro leaves finely chopped.
- Goes very well with steamed rice and pickle as a side. Can be had as a soup too…it’s very healthy.
- Enjoy 😉👍🏻.
If you find this Dal recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.