Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Indian shrimp curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Indian shrimp curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian shrimp curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
You can see results without having to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes right away. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indian shrimp curry recipe. To make indian shrimp curry you only need 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Indian shrimp curry:
- Get 35 of cooked frozen shrimp.
- Prepare 2 large of onion.
- Provide 2 of tomatoes.
- Take 1 of potato.
- Use 3 clove of garlic.
- Take 1 of inch ginger.
- You need 5 of cloves.
- Provide 1 of inch cinnamon bark.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Use 7 of whole black peppercorns.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Get 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of dried coriander.
- Use 1 of salt to taste.
- Take 1 of green chilli.
- Use 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Steps to make Indian shrimp curry:
- Chop garlic and ginger.
- Chop onions as finely as possible.
- Chop tomatoes, potato and chilli.
- heat the oil over medium heat and add garlic, ginger, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon bark and peppercorns..
- Once garlic is almost done add onions and cook over medium heat till they are light brown. This will take 20-30 minutes..
- Once onions have turned light brown add tomatoes, chilli, turmeric, dried coriander and red chilli powder.
- Cook the onion tomato mixture until there is a small film of oil on the edges. If there is no film after 10 minutes of cooking add more oil and cook for 5 minutes. Repeat until the film is seen.
- Add the potato and cook for 10 minutes with a half cup of water after 5 minutes to prevent the onion tomato mixture from burning.
- Add 1 cup of water and mix it in.
- Add the frozen shrimp and stir till the frozen shrimp have separated.
- Cover and let the curry simmer till the potato is soft adding salt to taste..
If you find this Indian shrimp curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.