Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Andhra Style Mudda Pappu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Andhra Style Mudda Pappu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One wholesome substitute that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to andhra style mudda pappu recipe. You can have andhra style mudda pappu using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Andhra Style Mudda Pappu:
- Take 2 cups of Pigeon pea lentils.
- Provide of Green chillies slit 3 nos.
- Get 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Take 1 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Take 3 tbsp of Ghee.
- Get 1 tsp of Black Mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 4-5 of Dry Red chillies.
- Provide of Curry leaves 8-10 nos.
Steps to make Andhra Style Mudda Pappu:
- Wash and soak the lentils in enough water for almost 2 hours. Add 2 cups of water, salt and turmeric to a pressure cooker along with the soaked lentils. Pressure cook for 6-7 whistles. Keep aside to let the pressure settle down..
- Meanwhile heat ghee for the tempering. Add mustard and cumin seeds both. Let them crackle a bit before adding the dry red chillies and the curry leaves..
- Open the lid of the cooker and mash it well. Adjust salt at this stage and if required add a little water to keep it from drying. It should be totally mashed. Heat it a little and then add the tempering. Serve it hot with ghee, pickle and curds..
- Mudda Pappu is the quintessential comfort food of the Andhraites. Pressure cooked dal, mashed and tempered is used as a main course in the Andhra traditional meal with steaming white rice and the famous avakai (mango pickle). The down to earth, natural and subtle flavours just melt in your mouth. Nothing can be better than this. Traditionally toddlers and kids are fed with rice and lentils along with a dollop of ghee. This one is for sure a heaven in terms of comfort and flavour. Happy Cooking!.
If you find this Andhra Style Mudda Pappu recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.