Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Malgapodi recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Malgapodi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malgapodi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
These types of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to malgapodi recipe. To make malgapodi you only need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Malgapodi:
- Get 1 cup of black gram dal.
- Prepare Little less than 1 cup of split chickpeas.
- Get 1 tbsp of pigeon pea (toor dal) (optional).
- You need 50 gms of dry red chillies.
- Provide 1 of lemon sized tamarind.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Provide 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 15-20 of curry leaves.
Steps to make Malgapodi:
- Clean all the dals and wipe white clean dry napkin..
- Heat oil in heavy bottom kadhai and add black gram in it. Roast it.. Till pinkish colour..
- Add chana and toor dal and roast combined till if becames fragrant. And golden brown in colour. Then add cumin seeds, Asafoetida, curry leaves and dry red chillies mix it roast for few seconds. Add salt and tamarind.. And off the flame. Mix it..
- Let it cool. Then grind it in fine powder. Seive it. If some rough powder is remaining in more contity grind it again but if in small contity store it separately.. When you make Sambar use this in it. Pour few drops of oil on podi and mix it well.store in Clemson and dry container..
- Serve this Malgapodi with Idaly, dosai and Utthpam.you can also add in sambhar as secret ingredient. Sambar become much more tastier..
If you find this Malgapodi recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.