Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can likewise be good for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe. You can have easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo using 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Get 1/2 head of broccoli or 2-3 broccoli stems.
- Get 1 of Zucchini.
- Prepare 100 g of asparagus.
- You need 1-2 of carrots or 1 cup of frozen peas (for bulk).
- Take 300 g of Kale, Bok Choy, Collard greens or a combinaton.
- Provide 1 of Celery stick.
- Get 1 of small leek.
- Get 3-4 of Shallots or 1 large / 2 medium onions.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1.5 L of Vegetable (or chicken) stock or water (more if more vegetables).
- Take 2 of Bayleaf.
- Provide 2-3 of kaffir lime leaf.
- Take 200 g of – 300g Fresh spinach.
- Provide of For spices / garnish.
- Provide 2-3 of Kaffir like leaf or 1 tbs lime zest.
- Take 2 of Bay leaves.
- Take 1 tbs of Lemongrass paste or 2 lemongrass sticks.
- Get 1 tbs of Galangal or ginger or 1 thumb-size fresh ginger, chopped.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Sweet basil.
- You need 1 tbs of oregano.
- Use 1 tbs of thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of mint.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of chives (optional).
- Prepare of Optional: 1 low-sodium, organic vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil or Ghee (to saute onions, garlic & leak).
- Provide 1 bunch of fresh parsley (replace with dry if not available).
Steps to make Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Chop up all vegetables for the soup. You will add them to the water in order of 'hardness' as not to overcook softer vegetables..
- Put Ghee or olive oil in a pan and saute onion / shallots and garlic on medium fire, stirring the entire time. Cook until onion / shallots become clear, but not brow. Add leak and ginger (if fresh) and saute for another 3-4 minutes..
- Add vegetable stock and 'hard' vegetables – carrots, broccoli stems, peas, etc + any vegetables that are frozen..
- Add all the spices and herbs, with the exception of fresh parsley..
- Cook on low-medium fire until the hardest vegetable (eg carrot) is soft enough to pierce with a fork but still crunchy. Add medium hard vegetables, such as broccoli, Kale, asparagus. Note: Asparagus stems need to cook longer than asparagus tips. Cook for 3-4 few minutes and then add zucchini. Cook until broccoli can be pierced with a fork. Add more water if required throughout cooking..
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts – should not be more than 2 minutes so that it stays green. This adds wonderful green colour to the soup. Note: if using frozen spinach, add it at the same time as zucchini..
- Turn off the heat and let it cool to room temperature..
- Combine the cooked ingredients in the blender with a generous amount of fresh parsley and purée until desired consistency..
- Garnish with sprouts, seeds, or flaked almonds. You can also add a tablespoon or two of cooked quinoa for a filling full-meal..
- The soup freezes extremely well so you can apportion it to desired quantities and take out during the week. (you may need to add water once heated up).
If you find this Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.