Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Dal dhokli recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Dal dhokli recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dal dhokli recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, merely making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dal dhokli recipe. You can have dal dhokli using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dal dhokli:
- Take 2 cups of Wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Use 2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ajwain (carom seeds).
- Use To taste of salt.
- Provide 2 tbsp of oil to knead.
- Prepare as required of water.
- Provide 1/2 cup of cooked tuvar dal.
- Prepare As needed of jaggery.
- Prepare 2 of kokum / little tamarind pulp.
- Prepare For of Tempering–.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- Get 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Take Pinch of hing.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Groundnuts.
- Use 6-7 of curry leaves.
Steps to make Dal dhokli:
- Soak tuvar dal for some time. First pressure cook the tuvar dal in a cooker. Put little oil and haldi into dal. It will help in cooking the dal faster. For kneading the dough take a bowl add wheat flour, turmeric, red chilli powder, ajwain, salt, oil. Mix well, add water little by little and knead it to a little tight dough. Give rest to the dough..
- Now switch on the flame. Keep Kadai, whisk the previously cooked dal and transfer in the kadai, add some water, salt, and allow to boil. Add a spoon of oil into water, so that dough doesn't get stick to one another..
- Now divide the dough into big sized balls. And roll it like chappathi, it should be medium thick. Now cut into square shape. Sprinkle some atta over it so that it does not stick each other..
- Now as in tprevious step you have to make tsquare-shaped dough and drop it in Kadai carefully. Once you placed the dough stir it once. So it does not stick it. Repeat the same process for the remaining dough. Add kokum or tamarind pulp. Add jaggery. Once the dhokli is cooked, it will float on the top. Now for tempering, take a tadka pan add oil, mustard seed, cumin seed, groundnut, hing, turmeric, red chilli powder, curry leaves. And pour it on Kadai. You can adjust the spices as per your taste..
- Put little ghee on top while serving. Dal dhokli is ready to serve..
If you find this Dal dhokli recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.