Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. Even more crucial than totally changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Soon enough, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate before.
Obviously, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to moroccan chickpea soup recipe. To cook moroccan chickpea soup you only need 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Moroccan Chickpea Soup:
- Use 2 of fennel bulbs, diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 1 Tbsp of fresh Turmeric root, minced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh Ginger root, minced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Cilantro stalks, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of whole coriander.
- Provide 2 tsp of whole cumin seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of anise seed (optional).
- Take 4-5 cups of vegetable stock.
- Use 1 can of roasted diced tomatoes.
- Take 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- Provide 2 cups of packed fresh spinach, chopped.
- Use 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro leaves chopped.
- Get 1 Tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt (give or take to taste).
- Provide 1 tsp of Harissa blend spice, or crushed chilies (adjust according to heat preference).
- Take of Plain Yoghurt for garnish (plain coconut yoghurt for vegan option).
Instructions to make Moroccan Chickpea Soup:
- Toast whole coriander, cumin and anise seeds in dry frying pan until fragrant. Set aside to cool..
- Sauté chopped onions and fennel in large Dutch oven over medium low heat with olive oil until translucent, about 5-10 mins. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric and cilantro stems. Stir until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes..
- Grind whole toasted spices in mortar and pestle until mostly smooth. Add to pot and stir..
- Add can of tomatoes and vegetable stock, onion powder and paprika. Bring to boil and simmer covered for 20 mins. Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. Roll off skins if you desire..
- Add chickpeas to pot, and simmer covered for 10 mins..
- Add spinach and cilantro to pot and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add salt to taste..
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a heaping tablespoon of yoghurt. Garnish with more chopped cilantro. Serve with flatbread or pita..
If you find this Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.