Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Spicy Lentil Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can get results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes at once. Even more important than entirely changing your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Sooner or later, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy lentil soup recipe. You can cook spicy lentil soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Lentil Soup:
- Use 2 Cups of Lentils (pre-soaked overnight).
- Get 1 of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 of chopped tomato.
- Use 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Grated ginger paste.
- Provide 2 of whole chillies.
- Provide of Mustard seeds.
- Provide of Cumin seeds.
- Take sticks of Cinnamon.
- Use of Rosemary.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- Provide of Salt.
- Provide 5 tablespoons of Olive/Coconut oil.
- Use 4 cups of water.
Instructions to make Spicy Lentil Soup:
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil and add the diced onions, ginger paste, garlic and chillies, stir till golden brown..
- Add Lentils and Rosemary/ Thyme, and continue to stir for 5 min.
- Add tomato and cover for 5 min, when tomato is really soft, stir so that everything mixes evenly..
- Then add the 4 cups of water. And leave to boil for 20 min.
- In separate pan, heat one tablespoon of oil, add mustard seeds, wait for them to pop, then add cumin seeds and cinnamon sticks..
- Add above mixture to the pot with the lentils and leave to continue boiling for 1hr 10min..
- If water is done and the lentils are still a little hard, add more water and continue to boil until the lentils are soft.
- Leave to boil until contents of the pot are thick and not runny….
- Garnish with Rosemary/ Thyme….
- Enjoy :).
If you find this Spicy Lentil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.