Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hyderabadi Khatti Dal (Sour Lentils) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hyderabadi Khatti Dal (Sour Lentils) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, just making some modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you most likely pick out many items out of habit. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hyderabadi khatti dal (sour lentils) recipe. To cook hyderabadi khatti dal (sour lentils) you need 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hyderabadi Khatti Dal (Sour Lentils):
- You need for of Daal–.
- Get 1 cup of arhar or tuvar daal.
- You need 1 of chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- Use 3-4 of grated garlic pieces.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Use 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste.
- Get 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of red chili powder.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- Use For of tempering–.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Ghee.
- Take 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Provide 5-6 of finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1 of whole red chili.
- Get some of curry leaves.
Instructions to make Hyderabadi Khatti Dal (Sour Lentils):
- Wash, Rinse Daal and put in a cooker, add chopped tomatoes, crushed or grated garlic and ginger..
- Add salt, turmeric powder,water and pressure cook the dal for 4-5 whistles or more till the lentils are cooked and mushy..
- Mix tamarind paste with little water and red chili powder. Open the cooker and mash the dal with the help of spatula. now add tamarind paste, little more Turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt according to your taste and cook till the raw smell of spices gone..
- Once the dal is cooked. Heat ghee. Add mustard seeds or cumin seeds. I like mustard seeds so I used that. Let them crackle then add chopped garlic. and at last red chili and curry leaves..
- Pour the tempering over daal and cover for 5 minutes at least for the flavours to mingle properly with Daal. Serve with Roti or Rice..
If you find this Hyderabadi Khatti Dal (Sour Lentils) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.