Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Smoked bbq baked beans recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Smoked bbq baked beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smoked bbq baked beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of modest changes.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to smoked bbq baked beans recipe. To cook smoked bbq baked beans you only need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Smoked bbq baked beans:
- Use 2 lbs of Navy beans.
- Use of Water to cook beans 6 cups or more.
- Take of Favorite bbq sauce.
- Use to taste of Brown sugar.
- Get to taste of Yellow mustard.
- Prepare Half of a red onion diced.
- Take of Bacon or leftover ham optional.
- Use to taste of Minced garlic.
- Provide of Salt and pepper to taste and an other seasoning you like.
- Prepare to taste of Hot sauce of choice.
- Get of Aluminum throwaway pan.
- Use of Wood chips of choice.
- Prepare of Water for pan in smoker.
Instructions to make Smoked bbq baked beans:
- Presoak beans in a quick soak or overnight follow bag instructions.
- Cook beans to package instructions. I did a quick soak and did everything in a pressure cooker/ instant pot. I covered my beans with water little over 6 cups, cooked on low for 3 mins with a natural release of ten mins… then quick release..
- Drained water from cooked beans. Set aside.
- In a frying pan add some oil to just cover the bottom and brown the diced onion, and right before it’s done add in the minced garlic, and ham / bacon. I used leftover Easter ham and use my food processor, or can leave in bits sizes chunks… bacon- if using bacon cut it in small chunks before frying with onions. Set aside.
- In a big bowl add in all the wet ingredients and spices, brown sugar… mix, then add in the onion mixture, mix up some more, then carefully fold in cooked beans, (at this point this can be done lol or just popped in the oven to heat up if you don’t have a smoker or didn’t want to smoke them, beans are already fully cooked.).
- Spray Aluminum pan with cooking spray. Pour beans into pan..
- Set up smoker. I use an Electric smoker. I put my food in turn on high till it starts to smoke and then go to med heat. And replace wood chips as needed. I let this go for about 4 hrs checking on them from time to time. Cooking times just depends on how you want your bbq bake beans. I just taste test,and pull them out to my liking. This can go for just 2 hrs or all day.. the choice is yours….
If you find this Smoked bbq baked beans recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.