Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you probably choose a lot of items out of habit. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. One wholesome alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe. To make squash and red lentil soup – vegan you need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Squash and red lentil soup – vegan:
- Use 250 g of (about 1 cup filled to the top) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces.
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil to roast the squash in.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil to sauté the onion with.
- Provide 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- Provide 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Use 1/2 cup of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- Provide 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Take of salt and pepper.
- Take of to sprinkle on top.
- Use of Za’atar.
- Get of Some ground cayenne or chilli flakes.
- Provide of Some parsley leaves if you have some.
Steps to make Squash and red lentil soup – vegan:
- Preheat oven to 200C. Put the squash in a bowl and mix with the oil. Put onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25mins – til the squash is tender..
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 10-15mins til soft..
- Add the garlic and sauté for another couple of mins. Add the cumin and the cinnamon..
- Add the lentils and 500ml of the stock. Cover and simmer for 10mins..
- Add the squash, lemon juice and the rest of the stock. Season. Cover and simmer for another 10mins..
- This is one soup that does work better blended. So either put it in a blender or use a hand blender to make the soup smooth..
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of za’atar and the cayenne or chilli. Enjoy 😋.
If you find this Squash and red lentil soup – vegan recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.