Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Curried Fish Polenta Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Curried Fish Polenta Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curried Fish Polenta Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snacks.
We all know that having healthy meals can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of nutritious foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. This is usually a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Whole grain foods are an excellent choice for a fast wholesome snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Eating on the run can be more healthy with whole grain chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curried fish polenta pie recipe. You can have curried fish polenta pie using 21 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Curried Fish Polenta Pie:
- Use 6 of Hake Medallions.
- Provide 1-2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Take 1 of Small Onion finely sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- You need 6 of Whole Peppercorns.
- Take 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Provide 4 cloves of Garlic thinly sliced.
- Provide 1-2 Tbsp of Chilli / Curry Powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Get 1 can of Chopped Tomatoes (400g).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 3 Tbsps of Lemon Juice.
- Get 1 Cup of Water.
- Use of optional: 1/4 cup cream or coconut cream.
- Get of For the topping.
- Use of Polenta – 1 Cup Cooked with 3 – 4 cups water.
- Provide of Cheese to Top (about 1/2 cup).
- Use 2 of Green Chillies seeded and chopped.
- Provide 6 of Cherry Tomatoes halved.
Steps to make Curried Fish Polenta Pie:
- Gently heat oil in a pan on medium heat..
- Add in onion, mustard seeds, cumin Seeds, whole peppercorns and bayleaf and saute until onion becomes translucent..
- Add sliced garlic and stir..
- Mix in the chilli / curry powder followed by the cumin powder and coriander powder. Be careful not to burn the spices..
- Mix in the can of chopped tomatoes, about half the water and salt to taste and allow tomatoes to cook through. This takes roughly 7 to 10 minutes..
- Mix in the lemon juice. At this point I use the back of my spoon to smash the tomatoes to break the chunks and have a nice thick gravy..
- Now add in the remaining water and the cream / coconut cream if using. Note that this variant offers a richer dish and does alter the flavour..
- Place hake medallions into pan and cover allowing to cook for about 15 minutes (turning once half way through). Please note that your cooking time may vary. We want the fish to be tender but cooked through..
- Meanwhile… Prepare your polenta. I've used 1 cup of polenta to 4 cups of water. Salt and some butter to taste..
- To assemble our pie….
- Place fish pieces into a baking dish. NB. Use one that is deep enough and will allow enough room for the rest of your pie..
- Pour gravy over your fish..
- Spread the cooked polenta over top of your fish curry to create a crust. (Much like mash is used in a cottage pie)..
- Top with grated cheese (I've used half mozzarella and half cheddar), the 2 chopped chillies and cherry tomatoes..
- Grill until cheese is golden and serve with a nice side of salad..
If you find this Curried Fish Polenta Pie recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.