Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Treats.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of nutritious foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are great for a fast snack. A piece of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be great for quick treats to eat on the go. Deciding on whole grain foods is always far better than eating the refined grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mashed & baked – sweet potatoes & apples recipe. To make mashed & baked – sweet potatoes & apples you only need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples:
- Prepare 6 of medium-large sweet potatoes.
- Get 8 tbs of butter (divided).
- Provide 2 of apples, peeled, cored, and chopped.
- Use 1/3 cup of brown sugar (divided).
- Provide 2 tbs of cinnamon (divided).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk, heated.
- Prepare 3 tbs of brandy (optional).
- Use 1 tbs of all-spice.
- Use 1/4 cup of almonds (or walnuts).
Steps to make Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples:
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, cut in half and place in a large pot of boiling salted water, until fork tender, about 40-50 minutes. Drain, and allow to slightly cool, in order to peel..
- While potatoes are boiling, heat a cup of water in a small sauce pan and add the apples. Lightly boil for 10-15 minutes..
- Drain the water and add 3 tablespoons of butter, half the brown sugar, and sauté the apples for 5 minutes. Add a dash of cinnamon..
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees..
- Peel the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Mash them using a potato masher. Add the apples and continue to mash..
- Add the rest of the butter, heated milk, and brandy (optional) to the bowl. Blend well with a mixer. While mixing, add the sugar and a dash of cinnamon and all-spice..
- Scoop this mixture into a well-buttered casserole dish, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow this to cool for a few minutes. Top with crushed walnuts or slivered almonds..
If you find this Mashed & Baked – Sweet Potatoes & Apples recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.