Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Snacks.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our daily allowance of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. This is usually a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between snacks. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
For anybody who is not allergic to nuts, try consuming some almonds! Almonds offer a multitude of health and fitness benefits and are an excellent choice when you need a shot of energy. Different nutritional vitamins are found in these wonderful nuts. They generally do, however, have tryptophan-the same enzyme that makes you tired after eating turkey. When it comes to almonds, however, they wont make you long for a nap. Instead, these nuts aid in reducing stress and provide a calming feeling throughout your body. Sometimes eating almonds could even be a mood booster!
You will not have to look far to locate a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spiced swiss roll cookie slices recipe. To cook spiced swiss roll cookie slices you only need 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices:
- Provide 1 stick of butter (softened).
- Provide 1/2 cup of shortening (I use crisco).
- You need 2 1/4 cup of flour.
- Provide 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar (packed).
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves.
Instructions to make Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices:
- Beat butter and shortening.
- Add 1 1/8 cup flour, both sugars, egg, spices, baking soda, and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Add remaining flour (1 1/8 cup).
- Roll dough into a 7 x2 in roll.
- Rap your roll with tin foil or press and seal.
- Refrigerate for 5-24 hours (I only did 4).
- Slice the roll into thick cookie slices.
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and….
- Notes: refrigerating is very important in this recipe! Do not skip it! When cutting your Swiss roll into cookie slices, use a sharp knife and a sawing motion. (Back and forth). If at first your mixture won’t hold together, add 1 tablespoon of milk!.
- Optional additions: add sliced almond slices. Top with jelly. Eat raw (don’t add egg). Add canned mandarin oranges. Add nuts of your choice..
If you find this Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.