Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mango glazed ham recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mango glazed ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mango glazed ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you most probably purchase lots of items out of habit. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mango glazed ham recipe. You can have mango glazed ham using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mango glazed ham:
- Take 1 of leek.
- Take 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed peppercorns.
- Provide 2 of cloves.
- Take 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide 2 of mangoes.
- Get 250 ml of mango chutney.
- Take 3 kg of horseshoe gammon.
Instructions to make Mango glazed ham:
- In a large stockpot place a small stainless steel cup to lift the gammon off the direct heat and add all your vegetables and spices. Fill the pan with cold water until an inch above the level of the gammon. Place a lid on and simmer for 3 1/2 hours..
- Remove gammon from the stock pan and score the ham before you generously coat the outside with mango chutney. Bake in the oven on 160’C until the chutney caramelises. Put chunks of mango on the chutney. It should stick because of the caramel and bake for a further 25 minutes. Remove from the heat..
- Cool overnight and enjoy thick or thin slices on crusty and homemade sour dough bread..
If you find this Mango glazed ham recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.