Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of small changes.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy diet.
To sum up, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to moroccan chickpea soup recipe. You can have moroccan chickpea soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Moroccan Chickpea Soup:
- You need 2 of fennel bulbs, diced.
- Provide 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh Turmeric root, minced.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of fresh Ginger root, minced.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of Cilantro stalks, minced.
- Take 2 tsp of whole coriander.
- Get 2 tsp of whole cumin seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of anise seed (optional).
- You need 4-5 cups of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 can of roasted diced tomatoes.
- Use 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 2 cups of packed fresh spinach, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro leaves chopped.
- Use 1 Tbsp of onion powder.
- Take 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt (give or take to taste).
- Get 1 tsp of Harissa blend spice, or crushed chilies (adjust according to heat preference).
- Use of Plain Yoghurt for garnish (plain coconut yoghurt for vegan option).
Instructions to make Moroccan Chickpea Soup:
- Toast whole coriander, cumin and anise seeds in dry frying pan until fragrant. Set aside to cool..
- Sauté chopped onions and fennel in large Dutch oven over medium low heat with olive oil until translucent, about 5-10 mins. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric and cilantro stems. Stir until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes..
- Grind whole toasted spices in mortar and pestle until mostly smooth. Add to pot and stir..
- Add can of tomatoes and vegetable stock, onion powder and paprika. Bring to boil and simmer covered for 20 mins. Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. Roll off skins if you desire..
- Add chickpeas to pot, and simmer covered for 10 mins..
- Add spinach and cilantro to pot and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add salt to taste..
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a heaping tablespoon of yoghurt. Garnish with more chopped cilantro. Serve with flatbread or pita..
If you find this Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.