Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Usal (Yellow peas and potato curry) #mycookbook recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Usal (Yellow peas and potato curry) #mycookbook recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Goodies.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. If we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. You can spend hours at the food market searching for an ideal snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
One of the most popular snacks is low fat yogurt. Sometimes people decide to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the best idea. Low fat yogurt would make a wonderful snack, nevertheless. It is a protein-rich resource of healthy vitamins and minerals. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help manage the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by many people. Fast hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an simple way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to usal (yellow peas and potato curry) #mycookbook recipe. You can have usal (yellow peas and potato curry) #mycookbook using 23 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Usal (Yellow peas and potato curry) #mycookbook:
- Take 4 handfuls of yellow peas.
- Provide 1/2 cup of fresh/dry coconut.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped tomatoes.
- Take 1 teaspoon of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Take of or.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- Take 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro leaves.
- Use 1/2 cup of peeled and diced potatoes.
- You need 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Provide of Whole Spices.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 1 of star spice.
- Get 3-4 of cloves.
- Prepare of Powder Spices.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- Take 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- Provide of Salt as per taste.
Instructions to make Usal (Yellow peas and potato curry) #mycookbook:
- Soak 4 handfuls of yellow peas for 6-8 hours or overnight. (4 handfuls =4 people).
- Add 1 cup of water to 1/2 a cup of fresh/dry coconut and blend into a smooth paste and keep it aside..
- In a pressure cooker, heat 3 tablespoons of oil..
- Add in the whole spices carefully, as they tend to pop out because of the hot oil..
- Add in a cup of finely chopped onions and sauté till they get translucent.
- Add in a teaspoon of minced garlic and a teaspoon of minced ginger or a tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
- When the raw smell of the ginger and garlic fade away, add in 1/2 a cup of finely chopped tomatoes and mix well..
- Add in all the powder spices and salt. Mix well..
- Add in a tablespoon of cilantro leaves.
- Add in the coconut paste and mix well..
- Add in 1 cup of water and give it a good mix..
- Add in the diced potatoes and the soaked and drained yellow peas..
- Add in two cups of water, mix well and wait till it bubbles well..
- When it starts bubbling, put on the lid and cook for 4 whistles..
- Let the cooker cool down by itself and then open it..
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve with steamed rice or chappatis. Check my recipe for Chappatis (Indian flat bread).
- Enjoy 😉👍🏻.
If you find this Usal (Yellow peas and potato curry) #mycookbook recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.