Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
If you’re not sensitive to nuts, try having some almonds! Almonds are usually considered a super food since they’re packed full of ingredients that help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. Various vitamins and minerals tend to be found in these wonderful nuts. Almonds, like turkey, contain the enzyme tryptophan which can often make you sleepy. But once you eat almonds, you won’t feel like you must sleep a while. These nuts unwind the muscles and provide a general sense of peace. Occasionally eating almonds could even be a mood booster!
A large assortment of quick health snacks is easily available. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to acorn squash soup & toasted seeds recipe. To make acorn squash soup & toasted seeds you need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds:
- Use 2 of acorn squash (skin on).
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of salt.
- Take 2 tbsp of pepper.
- Get Dash of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- Take 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- Take 16 oz of chicken stock (use vegetable stock for vegan).
- Prepare 16 oz of water.
- Prepare 1 pint of heavy whipping cream (leave out for vegan).
Instructions to make Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds:
- Chop onion into large chunks and smash garlic cloves and sauté for a few minutes until aromatic. Add salt, pepper and chunks of acorn squash and cook on medium heat for a few minutes..
- Add chicken stock and water and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Blend mixture with immersion blender and add in thyme and honey. Add more seasoning if desired..
- Add whipping cream and serve hot!.
- For toasted acorn squash seeds, clean seeds and dry first. Mix olive oil, a dash or salt and pepper and evenly coat seeds. Bake on 325 for 20 minutes! Serve on top of soup or as a snack for another day..
If you find this Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.