Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Power.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
If you are looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A slice of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning hours. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Selecting whole grain snacks is always much better than eating the refined grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to candied sweet potatoes recipe. You can have candied sweet potatoes using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Candied Sweet Potatoes:
- Use 5 of medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2" rounds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, sliced in half.
- Get 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Take 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup.
- Use 2 tbsp of water.
- Use 3/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
Steps to make Candied Sweet Potatoes:
- Place the sliced potatoes into a greased 9×13" baking pan and sprinkle the salt over them. Toss to coat and preheat the oven to 375°F. In a small saucepan, place the remaining ingredients except for the vanilla over medium-high heat and stir until the butter has melted and its come to a low boil..
- Let it boil, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, then remove it from the heat, stir in the vanilla and pour it evenly over the potatoes. Give them a toss, then place them into the oven for a total time of 1 hour. After the first 20 minutes, take them out, give them a stir and cover the pan with foil for the remaining baking time. Take them out to stir again at the 40 minute mark..
- Once the hour is up, the potatoes should be very tender. The sauce will seem very thin, but will thicken as they cool. Let them cool uncovered for 10 or so minutes, then serve..
If you find this Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.