Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Venison & Kidney Pudding recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Venison & Kidney Pudding recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snack foods.
Ingesting healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more healthy feeling. A little bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you might be looking for a quick snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will keep you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. When you require a fast snack on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are always better than refined grains included in white bread.
You do not have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to venison & kidney pudding recipe. You can have venison & kidney pudding using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Venison & Kidney Pudding:
- Use of For the filling.
- You need 580 g of venison foreleg, diced.
- Take 4 of lambs kidneys, diced.
- Use 6 of large chestnut mushrooms.
- Get 1 of large carrot.
- Get 1 of red onion.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Allspice.
- Get 2 of large/4 medium cloves garlic.
- Use 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 150 ml of red wine.
- Provide 150 ml of rich beef stock.
- Get 2-3 tbsp of rapeseed oil.
- Prepare Knob of butter.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tsp cranberry jelly.
- Get 1 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
- Prepare of Plain flour, for coating the meat.
- Provide of For the suet pastry.
- Prepare of Butter, for greasing.
- Take 285 g of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 125 g of suet.
- Get 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh rosemary.
Steps to make Venison & Kidney Pudding:
- First, making the filling. Pat the venison fry with kitchen paper and lightly coat in the plain flour. Melt the butter and 1 tbsp of the oil in a large, heavy based saucepan. When the butter is foaming, add the meat and just brown all over in the oil. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate..
- Add a little more oil to the pan you just used for the meat and add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, then pour in the red wine to de glaze the pan. Add the venison back into the pan along with the stock and bring to the boil, simmer and cover for about 20 minutes..
- Add more stock if the sauce looks too thick. Add the rosemary, cinnamon stick, cranberry jelly and allspice. Put this into a slow cooker or slow oven at 140 degrees C for 2 hours..
- Add the diced kidney and carrot and put back into the slow cooker or oven for a further 1.5 hours..
- Add the mushrooms and put back for a final 30 minutes. Check for tenderness and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool completely.
- When you are ready to cook the pudding, first, liberally butter a 1.2 litre pudding basin..
- Next, make the pastry. Mix all the pastry ingredients together and season with salt and pepper. Gradually stir in water until you have a soft? Slightly sticky dough. You’ll need around 225ml water..
- Divide off roughly a quarter of the dough (for the pastry lid). Dust your work surface with flour and roll out the bigger piece of pastry to to around a 12in diameter circle. Use this to line the pudding basin, leaving the excess pastry hanging over the edges. Roll out the smaller piece of dough to a size large enough to form a lid for the basin..
- Spoon the cooled venison filling into the pastry-lined basin. Dampen the edges with water and top with the pastry lid. Press the edges together to seal using your thumb and forefingers and trim away the excess pastry neatly..
- If your basin doesn’t come with a lid, put a piece of foil big enough to fit over the top of the basin and come halfway down the sides, making a pleat down the middle to allow for expansion. Tie it in place with some string, making a string handle so you can lift it when topping up with water. Pour about 3-4cm hot water into your pressure cooker and lower the pudding into It. Close the lid and cook for 45 minutes..
- Remove the pudding from the pressure cooker and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Then, using a small sharp knife, release the side of the pudding from the basin. Put a large plate over the pudding and invert it, so the pudding comes out onto the plate and serve straight away!.
If you find this Venison & Kidney Pudding recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.