Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Energy.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Foods made from whole grains are excellent for a fast snack. A piece of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to steak pie with memories (auntie wins pie) recipe. You can cook steak pie with memories (auntie wins pie) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie):
- Prepare 225 g of plain flour (for the pastry).
- You need 100 g of cold butter cut into cubes (for the pastry).
- Take Pinch of salt and a couple of tablespoons of water (for the pastry).
- Provide 250 g of diced stewing beef.
- You need Handful of frozen peas (optional).
- Provide Handful of frozen carrots (optional).
- Provide 1 litre of stock made up using a stock cube.
- You need 1 of egg.
Instructions to make Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie):
- In a frying pan heat a little oil and seal the beef.In a bowl add your plain flour,salt and cold butter and mix with your fingers until you get the consistency of breadcrumbs.Add the water in gently and mix together until it forms into the shape of a ball.Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed briefly and set to one side..
- Now with the beef that you have sealed,place into your bubbling beef stock and cook gently until the beef is tender.(for this recipe I like to slow cook the beef in the stock until reduced for a few hours) but the choice is yours.If you want to slow cook your beef filling first,make your pastry at a later stage..
- Once the filling has been made and cooling slightly you can start with the pastry.Heat your oven to 180 degrees,Butter your pie tin and roll out half of your pastry.Turn your pastry as your rolling,so it forms a kind of round base for your pie.Fill your tin with the pastry base and push in gently to all the sides.Blind bake in the oven using ceramic beans to protect the base of your pastry for about 15 minutes..
- In the meantime roll out your pastry lid in the same manner as your base.Once the base has been blind baked remove your ceramic beans from the pie tin and fill with your beef filling.Place your pastry lid on top,fit and crimp your edges and use an egg wash glaze to brush over your pie..
- Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the Pie is golden. All the best and enjoy 😉.
If you find this Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.