Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pumpkin, Chickpea & Zucchini Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pumpkin, Chickpea & Zucchini Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making some minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already think that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pumpkin, chickpea & zucchini curry (vegan/vegetarian) recipe. To make pumpkin, chickpea & zucchini curry (vegan/vegetarian) you need 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Pumpkin, Chickpea & Zucchini Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian):
- Take 1/2 of Butternut Pumpkin (600gms).
- Use 1 of Zucchini.
- Provide 2 of Tomatoes.
- Get 2 handfuls of Baby Spinach.
- Provide 1 of Brown Onion.
- Get 1 of Garlic Clove.
- You need 1 Tbs of Fresh Ginger grated.
- You need 500 mls of Vegetable Stock.
- Use 1 Can (240 gm) of Chickpeas.
- Get 1 Can (400 gm) of Tomatoes.
- Provide 2 Tbs of Coconut (or Greek) yoghurt.
- Take 2 Tbs of Olive Oil (or vegetable oil).
- Prepare of The Spices.
- You need 4 of Cardamom Pods.
- Prepare 3 of Cloves.
- Use 2 of Star Anise.
- You need 4 of Curry Leaves.
- Use 2 of Bay Leaves.
- Get 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- Get 1 Tsp of Fenugreek Seeds.
- You need 2 of Tsps Ground Corriander.
- Prepare 2 of Tsps Ground Cumin.
- Take 1 Tsp of Garam Masala.
- Use 1 Tsp of Ground Tumeric.
- Take of Fresh or dried chili.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
Instructions to make Pumpkin, Chickpea & Zucchini Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian):
- Saute Onions, Ginger and Garlic on low heat in olive oil for approx 10 minutes.
- Add all Spices to pan and and fry for a minute or 2 (or until fragrant).
- Add all vegetables minus the Spinach and stir.
- Add the canned Tomatoes, Chickpeas, Stock, Yoghurt & bring to boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat to low and simmer for approx 20-30mins (or until pumpkin is soft). Add the Spinach a few minutes before removing the pot from the heat.
If you find this Pumpkin, Chickpea & Zucchini Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.