Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Cold Savoury Egg Custard recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Cold Savoury Egg Custard recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cold Savoury Egg Custard recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out several modest changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cold savoury egg custard recipe. You can have cold savoury egg custard using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cold Savoury Egg Custard:
- Provide 4 of large Eggs.
- You need of *Note: The ratio of the volume of Eggs : Soup is 1 : 1.5. If the volume of 4 Eggs is 200ml, you would need 300ml Soup. 4 large Eggs would be about 200ml.
- Prepare of Clear Soup.
- Prepare of *Note: Use 300ml of this soup to mix with Eggs, and use 100ml to make sauce.
- Prepare 400 ml of Dashi Stock *OR 400ml Water & 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Soy Sauce *plus extra, see Step 2.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Mirin.
Instructions to make Cold Savoury Egg Custard:
- Make Clear Soup. Heat Dashi Stock in a saucepan and season with Salt, Soy Sauce and Mirin. Transfer 300ml to a measuring jug, and allow it cool slightly while you are preparing Eggs and equipments..
- Add extra 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce to the remaining soup. This will be the sauce. Transfer to a small bowl. When it is cool, chill in the fridge..
- Whisk Eggs in a mixing bowl, and add slightly cooled (but still quite hot) 300ml Soup gradually, a small amount at a time, and mix well. *Note: This way you can make warm mixture..
- Pour the egg mixture through a fine strainer such as tea strainer into 4 heat-proof cups or ramekins..
- Heat the steamer and bring the water to the boil. *Note: Today I used a pot and a flat steamer rack..
- Reduce the heat to LOW, carefully place the cups or ramekins in the steamer, cover with the lid wrapped with a tea towel, then cook with gentle steam for 6 minutes. Keep the lid on, and leave in the remaining heat for 15 minutes..
- *Note: If the steam was too strong, the egg mixture would bubble up. To achieve smooth silky texture, steam gently, and cook with remaining heat..
- When cool enough, place in the fridge to chill. Pour the chilled sauce over before serve. *Note: Grated Yuzu Rind would be a great additional topping..
If you find this Cold Savoury Egg Custard recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.