Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These types of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you presently are eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan recipe. You can have chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan:
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Provide 3 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Get 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Get 1 of garlic clove, peeled and crushed.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lebanese 7 spice or baharat or ras el hanout.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Use of anything from a pinch to 1/2 tsp chilli flakes depending on taste.
- Take 1 litre of vegan/ veggie stock.
- Get 1 can of /400g chopped tomatoes.
- Provide 1 of can/ 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Provide 1/3 cup of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Take of Parsley or coriander to garnish.
Steps to make Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan:
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium-low heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrot. Sauté for about 10 mins til they start to soften..
- Add the spices, stir through and cook for a minute or two..
- Add the stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil..
- Add the chickpeas and lentils. Season. Bring down to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes..
- Squeeze in the lemon. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle the parsley or coriander. Enjoy!.
If you find this Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.