Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Poori recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Poori recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snack foods.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Finding goodies that help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
If you are not hypersensitive to nuts, try eating some almonds! As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds provide many health benefits. These nuts possess quite a lot of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey which induces drowsiness, is available in almonds. But when you eat almonds, you won’t feel like you need to sleep a while. Instead, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Your emotional state is often lifted by just eating almonds.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily accessible. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to poori recipe. To make poori you need 21 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Poori:
- Get 1 cup of Whole wheat flour (Chapati atta).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oil.
- You need as needed of Oil for frying.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Water.
- Get of Potato Masala for Puri.
- Take 4 of Potato Medium (boiled and mashed).
- Take 1 of Onion Large (sliced).
- Provide 2 of Tomatoes (chopped).
- Get 3 of Green Chilies (sliced).
- Prepare 1 inch of Ginger piece (grated).
- Get 1 tsp of Mustard seeds –.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Take 2 tsp of Ullutham Paruppu.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Asafetida.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Provide as needed of Curry leaves.
- Prepare as needed of Cilantro to garnish.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Use 1 tbsp of Oil.
Steps to make Poori:
- Making dough: Take whole wheat atta and salt in a bowl and mix well..
- Add a teaspoon of oil and mix well with your fingertips, so everything is incorporated well.
- Now add little water at a time and start kneading the dough. It should be smooth and tight (NOT SOFT like roti or chapati dough)..
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes..
- Making puris: After resting time knead the dough once again to smooth out.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal sized portions, Make smooth ball out of it..
- Flatten it out between your palm and make disc. Keep those discs covered with kitchen towel..
- Now roll intp 2-3 inch diameter circle. It should not be too thin or too thick..
- Roll few pooris and keep them in a plate, also keep them covered with kitchen napkin..
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot slice one poori into hot oil..
- By very gentle pressure using back of slotted spatula fry them. It will help poori to puff up..
- Then flip it. Fry the other side until it is light golden brown in colour..
- Remove it from the oil using slotted spoon and place on paper towel lined plate..
- Fry all the pooris same way and serve..
- Instructions for Potato Masala Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and then mash it with a fork or a potato masher. Do not mash it too fine..
- Heat 1 TBSP of oil in a pan and add the seasonings ; mustard seeds, urad dal, asafetida, curry leaves). Then add the onions, green chilies and ginger. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Then add the tomatoes, along with salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and cook for about 5-7 mins..
- Now add the mashed potatoes and about a cup of water and let it simmer for about 10 mins. Depending on your preference, the consistency can either be thick or you can dilute it by adding more water. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with pooris..
If you find this Poori recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.