Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Use-up Tomato Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Use-up Tomato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Use-up Tomato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Goodies.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A piece of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
While searching for a convenient wholesome snack, don’t forget about yogurt. The truth is, lots of people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. Low fat yogurt helps make a wonderful snack, nonetheless. It is made up of a great deal of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the human body to digest and, based on the type of culture utilized to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Easy hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an easy way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to use-up tomato soup recipe. To cook use-up tomato soup you only need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Use-up Tomato Soup:
- Get 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, preferably cold-pressed.
- Use 1 of onion, chopped.
- Provide 1 stick of celery, chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, chopped (note that we really like garlic so you can cut down on this if you’re not an addict!).
- Take 1 of carrot, diced.
- Provide 3 of small new potatoes, washed but skins on and diced.
- Get 1.25 kg of ripe tomatoes, quartered and cores removed.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
- Use 1 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Get 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Provide 1.5 litres of vegetable stock (I used “Marigold” bouillon powder).
- Use of Salt.
- Get of Ground black pepper.
- Provide of Crème fraîche (optional).
Instructions to make Use-up Tomato Soup:
- Bring the oil to a medium-high heat in a stock pot or large saucepan and fry the onions for 3 minutes, only stirring if necessary to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic, celery and carrot and continue to fry gently, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and cook for a further minute, stirring thoroughly but gently..
- Stir in the quartered tomatoes, sugar, tomato purée and herbs, then the stock and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a strong simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally..
- Taste and season as wished. Add a little more sugar if you think needed..
- Whizz to desired consistency (or leave as is if preferred), sieving if there are any residual pieces of skin to remove. Serve piping hot with good bread or a crusty roll. Add a dollop of crème fraîche to each soup bowl if wished..
If you find this Use-up Tomato Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.