Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Kerala style semi dry chicken curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala style semi dry chicken curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala style semi dry chicken curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style semi dry chicken curry recipe. You can have kerala style semi dry chicken curry using 25 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kerala style semi dry chicken curry:
- Take 500 kg of Chicken.
- Get 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 4-5 of red chillies.
- Take 5-6 of cashews.
- Get 1/2-1 cup of Coconut cubes.
- Take 2-3 of tomatoes.
- You need 3 of onions of medium sized.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 11/2 tsp of Saunf /fennel seeds.
- Use 3 of cinnamon sticks.
- Use 3/4 tsp of cloves.
- Provide 1/2-1 tsp of peppercorns.
- Get 2 of green chillies.
- Take 1 of Small piece of ginger.
- Prepare 5-6 of garlic.
- You need 1 strand of Curry leaves.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Get 3 tsp of coriander powder.
- Use as required of Oil for frying.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt.
- You need For of marination of chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Take as per taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Kerala style semi dry chicken curry:
- In a pan take oil,when oil is hot add cashews,coconut cubes and half onion sliced. Fry them separately and remove them in a plate..
- Then in the same pan add mustard seeds after it splutters, add red chilli and curry leaves. Then add bay leaf, 1 cinnamon, 2-3 cloves, 1/2tsp saunf and 2- 3 peppercorns. To this add left onions, crushed green chilli, ginger and garlic. After it has become soft add powders like turmeric,chilli, coriander..
- Add tomatoes when powders are aromatic. Close lid and cook until tomatoes are tender. Add chicken pieces and coat with masala. The chicken added should be marinated with turmeric powder, salt,chilli powder. Also, add the chicken masala. To this add required water for cooking..
- When chicken is cooked, add the dry ingredients mentioned in step 1. Check for salt. Add water according to your choice.Semi-dry is better. Serve this delicious kerala style chicken curry with appam, rice or roti..
If you find this Kerala style semi dry chicken curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.