Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect leek & baked potato soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect leek & baked potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to leek & baked potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Power.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more balanced feeling. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). This can be a problem, nevertheless, when it comes to eating between goodies. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you are looking for a quick snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Eating on the run can easily be much healthier with wholesome chips and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than processed grains present in white bread.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy and balanced doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to leek & baked potato soup recipe. To make leek & baked potato soup you only need 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make leek & baked potato soup:
- You need 1 stalk of leek 6-8 in. long.
- Use 3 medium of leftover baked potatoes (cold).
- Get 1/4 small of onion (minced).
- Provide 3 cup of stock (chicken or beef or veg.).
- Provide 3 tbsp of butter.
- Provide 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt (split).
- Provide 1 tsp of cracked black pepper (split).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Provide 1/8 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Use 1 of splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 of or 3 DROPS liquid smoke.
Steps to make leek & baked potato soup:
- over medium heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter and olive oil in 3-4 quart pot..
- cut leeks into 2-3 mm thick slices, put into bowl and separate into slivers.
- add to hot oils.
- add minced onion..
- stir often with wooden spoon. Do not let leeks brown. They will become bitter..
- add 1/2 of the salt and pepper.
- after about 2-3 minutes, add garlic powder..
- add remaining 2 tbsp. butter, melt..
- add flour to create rue..
- stirr often..
- incorporate 2 cups of stock. Stir until smooth and silky..
- add paprika, coriander, Worcestershire, lemon juice..
- stir until well blended..
- add a little more stock and reduce heat to a good simmer..
- dice cold potatoes (I use yukon golds) any will work.
- add to soup. stir..
- after potatoes are added, the starch from them will continue to thicken it. add stock as needed from here out..
- add 2-3 DROPS of liquid smoke. ONLY A COUPLE OF DROPS. This is strong flavor..
- if you don't have liq. smoke, double smoked paprika. Or use a pinch of cumin..
- let simmer 15-20 minutes. eat..
If you find this leek & baked potato soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.