Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, just making a few minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can also be good for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. It might be that you already believe that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato, swede and spring greens gratin recipe. To cook sweet potato, swede and spring greens gratin you only need 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin:
- Take 1 of large onion (approx 260g), cut in half and sliced.
- Get 1 of medium swede (approx 500g), diced, 1cm by 1cm.
- Take 2 of sweet potatoes (approx 500g) diced, 1cm by 2cm.
- Provide 250 g of spring greens, stalk cut out.
- Use 7 of sage leaves, finely chopped.
- Use 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 250 ml of double cream.
- Use 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Use 50 g of Parmesan, grated.
- You need of Nutmeg (4 or 5 rasps).
- Use of Salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a large saucepan add the oil and butter and place on medium heat..
- Add the sliced onions and stir. Cook on medium heat to soften but not colour, for around 8 minutes..
- Add in the garlic and fry for 1 minute then stir..
- Add the diced swede and potato and coat in the butter and oil. Season with a few twists of salt and pepper..
- After you have cut out the stalk of the spring greens, roll them into a sausage shape and chop into fine slices. Add to the pan and stir..
- In a separate bowl add the cream, milk, nutmeg and sage. Add a little more seasoning and stir. Add this mixture to the pan and coat all of the veg..
- Tip all the contents of the pan into an oven proof dish (24cm by 25cm), cover with tin foil and bake for 1 1/4 -1 1/2 hours. After half of the cooking time, take off the foil and sprinkle over the parmesan and bake uncovered for the rest of the cooking time..
- If the top is becoming too brown, place the foil over again. Cooking time will vary if you use a different sized dish. Cook until the swede is soft..
- Serve with a green salad, bread or as a side dish to meats..
If you find this Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.