Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Devil's Food Cake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Devil's Food Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Devil's Food Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making a few small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to devil's food cake recipe. You can cook devil's food cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Devil's Food Cake:
- Take 1 cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- Provide 1 cup of Hot Coffee.
- Use 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- Provide 2 1/4 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- Get 2 teaspoons of Baking Soda.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 cups of Raw or Granulated White Sugar.
- Use 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract.
- Use of Chocolate Frosting (Ganache):.
- You need 16 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Use 1 1/2 cups of Heavy Cream.
Instructions to make Devil's Food Cake:
- In a saucepan, add the cream and bring it to a simmer. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and allow it to sit for a couple of minutes. Whisk together until well combined and set aside for a couple hours..
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and butter or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray two 9 inch cake pans..
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cocoa with the hot coffee until the cocoa has dissolved. Add in the buttermilk and mix until well combined..
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt..
- In the bowl of your electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until well combined..
- Add half of the dry ingredients along with the cocoa/buttermilk mixture and mix that in, followed by the remaining half of the dry ingredients and cocoa/buttermilk mixture until incorporated..
- Divide your batter evenly in the prepared pans. Bake the cakes for 30 to 35 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly in the pans, remove the cakes from the pans and cool completely before frosting..
- Place one of the cakes on your serving plate and spread with about half of your chocolate frosting. Place the other cake layer on top of the frosting and cover the entire cake with the remaining frosting..
If you find this Devil's Food Cake recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.