Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Energy.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our daily allowance of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more balanced feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. This can be a problem, however, when it comes to eating between snacks. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have so many options. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain meals are an outstanding choice for a fast wholesome snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the early morning. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Whole grains are always better than highly processed grains included in white bread.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe. You can have crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack):
- You need of easy winter warmers.
- Provide 1 of ham shank.
- Prepare 500 grams of marrowfat dried peas.
- Provide 7 of medium sized potatoes.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 pints of cold water.
- Get 1 tsp of baking powder or bicarbonate of soda.
Steps to make Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack):
- Soak the ham shank in a pan of water overnight to dissolve any salt.
- Soak the dried peas in a bowl /pan/container over night with the baking powder/bicarbonate of soda.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 mins, once the water is bubbling.
- Drain the peas. Put in a colander and wash the water off (no need to dry) you will notice that the pess should have swollen to twice their size.
- Add the peas, ham shank, potatoes, salt and the cold water in to the crock pot/ slow cooker..
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Enjoy, this should stick to your ribs.
If you find this Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.