Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently consume a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
All in all, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to moroccan chickpea soup recipe. You can cook moroccan chickpea soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Moroccan Chickpea Soup:
- Get 2 of fennel bulbs, diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Get 1 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- Provide 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of fresh Turmeric root, minced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh Ginger root, minced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cilantro stalks, minced.
- Use 2 tsp of whole coriander.
- Prepare 2 tsp of whole cumin seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of anise seed (optional).
- Prepare 4-5 cups of vegetable stock.
- Provide 1 can of roasted diced tomatoes.
- Use 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- Provide 2 cups of packed fresh spinach, chopped.
- Get 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro leaves chopped.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of onion powder.
- Take 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Provide 1 tsp of kosher salt (give or take to taste).
- Provide 1 tsp of Harissa blend spice, or crushed chilies (adjust according to heat preference).
- Get of Plain Yoghurt for garnish (plain coconut yoghurt for vegan option).
Steps to make Moroccan Chickpea Soup:
- Toast whole coriander, cumin and anise seeds in dry frying pan until fragrant. Set aside to cool..
- Sauté chopped onions and fennel in large Dutch oven over medium low heat with olive oil until translucent, about 5-10 mins. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric and cilantro stems. Stir until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes..
- Grind whole toasted spices in mortar and pestle until mostly smooth. Add to pot and stir..
- Add can of tomatoes and vegetable stock, onion powder and paprika. Bring to boil and simmer covered for 20 mins. Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. Roll off skins if you desire..
- Add chickpeas to pot, and simmer covered for 10 mins..
- Add spinach and cilantro to pot and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add salt to taste..
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a heaping tablespoon of yoghurt. Garnish with more chopped cilantro. Serve with flatbread or pita..
If you find this Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.