Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
You can get results without having to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. Even more crucial than completely modifying your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Soon enough, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to acorn squash soup & toasted seeds recipe. You can cook acorn squash soup & toasted seeds using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds:
- Use 2 of acorn squash (skin on).
- Take 1 of yellow onion.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic.
- Use 2 tbsp of salt.
- Provide 2 tbsp of pepper.
- Prepare Dash of cayenne pepper.
- Take 1 tsp of thyme.
- Provide 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- Take 16 oz of chicken stock (use vegetable stock for vegan).
- You need 16 oz of water.
- Get 1 pint of heavy whipping cream (leave out for vegan).
Steps to make Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds:
- Chop onion into large chunks and smash garlic cloves and sauté for a few minutes until aromatic. Add salt, pepper and chunks of acorn squash and cook on medium heat for a few minutes..
- Add chicken stock and water and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Blend mixture with immersion blender and add in thyme and honey. Add more seasoning if desired..
- Add whipping cream and serve hot!.
- For toasted acorn squash seeds, clean seeds and dry first. Mix olive oil, a dash or salt and pepper and evenly coat seeds. Bake on 325 for 20 minutes! Serve on top of soup or as a snack for another day..
If you find this Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.