Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Gypsy Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gypsy Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, just making a couple of minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to gypsy soup recipe. You can have gypsy soup using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Gypsy Soup:
- Get 1 of splash of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of roughly chopped onions.
- Provide 4 stick of of celery, chopped.
- Use 2 cup of sweet potato/kumara, cubed.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Provide 5 cup of water.
- Get 2 tsp of paprika.
- Use 1 tsp of tumeric.
- Use 1 tsp of sweet basil.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 1 dash of cinnamon.
- Provide 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of capscicum, chopped.
- Provide 1 cup of peas.
- You need 1 can of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tamari/ soy sauce.
Steps to make Gypsy Soup:
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot and add onion and celery. Sweat for five – ten minutes until starts to glisten.
- Add the sweet potato and garlic and sweat for another five or so minutes.
- Add the water amd all spices except for the salt and soy sauce.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and all other vegetables. Simmer for a further 10 -15 minutes.
- Add the salt and soy sauce (tamari is a gluten free option if you need it)..
- Stir through, check your seasonings and serve..
- Note : you can use any vegetables really. As long as you have a root vegetable and something green for colour. I've used potatoes and brocolli instead of sweet potato and peas in the past. delicious! My partner likes his with a dollop of sour cream which is pretty yummy too :).
If you find this Gypsy Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.