Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Use-up Tomato Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Use-up Tomato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Use-up Tomato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more crucial than entirely changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to use-up tomato soup recipe. To make use-up tomato soup you need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Use-up Tomato Soup:
- Use 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, preferably cold-pressed.
- Use 1 of onion, chopped.
- Use 1 stick of celery, chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, chopped (note that we really like garlic so you can cut down on this if you’re not an addict!).
- You need 1 of carrot, diced.
- Prepare 3 of small new potatoes, washed but skins on and diced.
- Provide 1.25 kg of ripe tomatoes, quartered and cores removed.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Use 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Use 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 1.5 litres of vegetable stock (I used “Marigold” bouillon powder).
- Get of Salt.
- Use of Ground black pepper.
- You need of Crème fraîche (optional).
Instructions to make Use-up Tomato Soup:
- Bring the oil to a medium-high heat in a stock pot or large saucepan and fry the onions for 3 minutes, only stirring if necessary to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic, celery and carrot and continue to fry gently, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and cook for a further minute, stirring thoroughly but gently..
- Stir in the quartered tomatoes, sugar, tomato purée and herbs, then the stock and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a strong simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally..
- Taste and season as wished. Add a little more sugar if you think needed..
- Whizz to desired consistency (or leave as is if preferred), sieving if there are any residual pieces of skin to remove. Serve piping hot with good bread or a crusty roll. Add a dollop of crème fraîche to each soup bowl if wished..
If you find this Use-up Tomato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.