Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe. To make fennel and lentil soup – vegan you need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Fennel and lentil soup – vegan:
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, peeled and crushed.
- Provide 1 of carrot, chopped.
- Prepare 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Get 1 of fennel bulb, chopped.
- Take 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/3 cup of puy lentils.
- Provide 500 ml of vegan stock.
- Provide 2 handfuls of kale- optional.
- Take of juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Provide of seasoning.
- Provide 100 g of cooked grain eg freekeh, maftoul, giant couscous – optional.
Instructions to make Fennel and lentil soup – vegan:
- Heat the oil in a pan (that has a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 10mins until softened..
- Add the carrot, celery, fennel, fennel seeds and cumin seeds. Turn the heat down to low- medium, cover and sauté for another 10-15 mins. Give them a stir now and then..
- Add the lentils and stock. Cover and simmer for 25-30 mins..
- Add the kale. Cover and cook for 5 mins..
- Stir in the lemon juice and the grains if using. Season to taste..
- Enjoy 😋.
If you find this Fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.