Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe. You can have easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo using 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Prepare 1/2 head of broccoli or 2-3 broccoli stems.
- You need 1 of Zucchini.
- Get 100 g of asparagus.
- Get 1-2 of carrots or 1 cup of frozen peas (for bulk).
- Provide 300 g of Kale, Bok Choy, Collard greens or a combinaton.
- Get 1 of Celery stick.
- Get 1 of small leek.
- Take 3-4 of Shallots or 1 large / 2 medium onions.
- Use 3-4 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1.5 L of Vegetable (or chicken) stock or water (more if more vegetables).
- You need 2 of Bayleaf.
- Use 2-3 of kaffir lime leaf.
- You need 200 g of – 300g Fresh spinach.
- Take of For spices / garnish.
- Provide 2-3 of Kaffir like leaf or 1 tbs lime zest.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Lemongrass paste or 2 lemongrass sticks.
- Provide 1 tbs of Galangal or ginger or 1 thumb-size fresh ginger, chopped.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Sweet basil.
- Prepare 1 tbs of oregano.
- Provide 1 tbs of thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of mint.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of chives (optional).
- Provide of Optional: 1 low-sodium, organic vegetable stock cube.
- Provide to taste of salt & pepper.
- You need of Olive oil or Ghee (to saute onions, garlic & leak).
- Get 1 bunch of fresh parsley (replace with dry if not available).
Instructions to make Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Chop up all vegetables for the soup. You will add them to the water in order of 'hardness' as not to overcook softer vegetables..
- Put Ghee or olive oil in a pan and saute onion / shallots and garlic on medium fire, stirring the entire time. Cook until onion / shallots become clear, but not brow. Add leak and ginger (if fresh) and saute for another 3-4 minutes..
- Add vegetable stock and 'hard' vegetables – carrots, broccoli stems, peas, etc + any vegetables that are frozen..
- Add all the spices and herbs, with the exception of fresh parsley..
- Cook on low-medium fire until the hardest vegetable (eg carrot) is soft enough to pierce with a fork but still crunchy. Add medium hard vegetables, such as broccoli, Kale, asparagus. Note: Asparagus stems need to cook longer than asparagus tips. Cook for 3-4 few minutes and then add zucchini. Cook until broccoli can be pierced with a fork. Add more water if required throughout cooking..
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts – should not be more than 2 minutes so that it stays green. This adds wonderful green colour to the soup. Note: if using frozen spinach, add it at the same time as zucchini..
- Turn off the heat and let it cool to room temperature..
- Combine the cooked ingredients in the blender with a generous amount of fresh parsley and purée until desired consistency..
- Garnish with sprouts, seeds, or flaked almonds. You can also add a tablespoon or two of cooked quinoa for a filling full-meal..
- The soup freezes extremely well so you can apportion it to desired quantities and take out during the week. (you may need to add water once heated up).
If you find this Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.